Call for Volunteers
Volunteer at the IASLC 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer 2018!
On behalf of the International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC), International Conference Services Ltd. (ICS) is organizing the IASLC 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer (WCLC 2018) taking place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from September 23 – 26, 2018 in Toronto, Canada.
IASLC is locally represented by the Honorary Chair, Dr. Frances Shepherd, OC, OOnt, MD, FRCPC, FASCO and by the IASLC WCLC 2018 Co-Presidents Dr. Natasha Leighl, MD, MMSc, FRCSC, Dr. Andrea Bezjak, MDCM, MSc, FRCPC and Dr. Gail Darling, MD, FRCSC, FACS.
We are expecting 7,000+ participants from around the world to attend.
The IASLC 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer will be a great time and an exciting opportunity for all interested in lung cancer. To make the Conference a great success we depend on local assistance from approximately 60 – 80 students or other volunteers with good English language skills.
Volunteers for the IASLC 19th World Conference on Lung Cancer will be the first contact for many of the attendees. Their critical role will be to welcome foreign participants and to foster a spirit of helpfulness and hospitality.
We would very much appreciate your assistance in helping to make this Conference a positive and memorable experience for these international visitors. Please circulate and publicize our call for volunteers, as appropriate, through your institutions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Terms of Engagement:
Why should you volunteer?
- Unique opportunity to make a contribution to the community
- Get an insider’s view of being part of an event
- Gain useful job experience and satisfaction
- Meet like-minded people as well as the leading medical experts in the fields of lung cancer and thoracic oncology
- Identify possibilities for personal skills development
- Strengthen your CV
In return for volunteer services the IASLC WCLC 2018 gladly offers the following benefits:
- Complimentary food & beverage during volunteer shifts, including evening social events
- Complimentary admission to the Conference for the days/times you do not work
- A Certificate of Participation
You are required to:
- Commit to at least one 7-hour shift on two consecutive days (total of 14 hours)
- Agree to wear black shoes, pants/skirt and a Volunteer T-Shirt (Shirt provided by the Conference)
- Speak fluent English
- Attend a mandatory training session on Friday, September 21 (not applicable if you only sign up for the Conference Bag preparation on September 19 and 20)
Greeter/Hostess for Conference Venue
- Welcome attendees at the Conference venue: offer directional assistance, hand out newspaper, etc.
Greeter/Hostess for Scientific Sessions, Session Room Monitor
- Ensure the smooth running of the session, assisting the speaker where required, session attendance tracking, etc.
Registration Desk Representative
- Supporting the Registration Desk
- Register participants for the Conference, distribute Conference bags, etc.
Exhibit Hall and Poster Session Representative
- Assist poster presenters where required
- Provide assistance to delegates in the Exhibit Hall
Social Media Booth
- Greet and assist guests to the IASLC WCLC 2018 photo booth
- Display a positive attitude while assisting multiple guests and providing excellent customer service
The deadline to apply to volunteer is September 01, 2018.
If you are interested in working at this prestigious Conference, please follow the Register to Volunteer Here! button below to the application forms. Upon confirmation of your availability, you will be provided with a training manual in August. This manual will outline the responsibilities associated with your assigned role(s) and your scheduled volunteer shift(s).
Please make sure you are available for the training session, scheduled for Friday, September 21 from 17:00 – 20:00 to ensure you are confident with the facility, the team and the Conference itself.
For questions, please email WCLC2018-Volunteers at icsevents dot com.
We look forward to your participation in this unique scientific event. Thank you for your support!